Thursday, August 30, 2012

Meet-and-Greet

I am very honored to be invited to the Geeky Nights headquarters last night and finally meet the hosts: Dale, Mark and Abe. Unfortunately, they were not complete since Victor had to attend to something.


I was uncomfortable at first since I only see them doing the live podcast via ustream, but they were very warm and accommodating when I arrived. It was so surreal! I even forgot to take pictures with them. Haha! They briefly discussed what’s in store for the Geek Army, then they started the show wearing those cool 3D glasses.

I salute these people for being so serious and dedicated as I have witnessed how they plan on their next big project. It is something to look forward to, especially for the loyal viewers of the show.

I also thank them for acknowledging my fan arts. For everyone’s information, I was not commissioned to do the teasers. Hey, I still want to win one of the gadgets so I cannot be a part of the show! But since I am not busy with anything, I have decided to make fan arts and teasers for the show. Doing these also makes me practice my skills (if I have, lol) in using Photoshop and Pixelmator even if I know for a fact that I am not creative and artistic. Check out http://geekarmyonline.tumblr.com.

I don’t know if they’re already used to the praises and hearing how great their show is, but I think a simple gesture of showing your appreciation will keep them motivated to run the show and offer more to their supporters. I learned that there are a couple of groups who copied the idea of making a tech/geek podcast. But according to Charles Caleb Colton, “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”

Follow them on Twitter @GeekyNights and like their Facebook page at http://facebook.com/GeekyNights for more updates about the show. And don’t fail to watch each episode every Wednesday night at 9 over http://ustream.tv/channel/geekynights, and subscribe to their podcast.

Again, to the Geeky Nights hosts, maraming salamat and more power to your show. I am really excited to the launch of their new website and of course I’m also hoping to win one of Sony Philippines’ gadgets soon. =)

I also had a few seconds exposure at the end of the show. ;p

No comments: