Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Dog's Tale

I woke up around 8 this morning and I heard my sister talking to the dogs at our backyard while feeding them. I went back to sleep since it was too early.

After the additional 2 hours of sleep, I have decided to go downstairs to do my morning routine, which is to eat breakfast and feed Maxene who also slept in my room. My sister's pet also slept in my room last night and I let him pee in the frontyard. My sister saw and she told me that Luke has died. I ignored her because I don't want to show my reaction.

I wasn't really surprised because Luke was not eating properly for the past few days. In fact, he didn't consume any since yesterday, no food nor water. He was just lying inside the cage. He was sick. I felt mixed emotions because last night he was crying in pain and I was praying to God to either comfort him and heal him or let him die than suffer. I was saddened by Luke's death but it was a relief because he is now resting peacefully.

After feeding Maxene her breakfast, we went back to our room. I talked to her. I informed her that her son is already dead. I couldn't clearly describe that moment but I saw her eyes. Maybe I was just imagining things but her eyes looked sad. I immediately hugged her and told her that Luke followed Dolphy in heaven.

And just a few minutes ago, I heard my sister talking to my mom on the phone. I heard her say that she saw Chicken, the sister of Luke digging the soil a few steps beside the cage. It was unusual because she doesn't do that. She then realized that Chicken was digging for Luke's grave. It was really heartbreaking.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

=(

Saddest story I read all day. Isn't it heartbreaking every time an animal dies?