Monday, February 06, 2012

Psychic or Psycho?

Maybe it's just me, but I think I have some psychic powers. I know it's weird of me to think about it but this is based on facts... Or maybe I'm just feelingero.

Last week, I was reminiscing about my life in the 90's.. This includes the 16-July-1990 7.9 magnitude earthquake that hit the island of Luzon. The memory of that tragedy is still fresh... I was playing with my neighbors that afternoon when we felt the tremor. I rushed back towards our house and hugged my Lola. She was trying to be calm by praying the Rosary.

(Still, last week) I watched this video clip from GMA News of Tina Monzon-Palma reporting about a video footage of the exact moment when the earthquake struck at Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija.


It was a tragic moment for the Filipino people as an estimated 1,621 people were killed, most of the fatalities located in Central Luzon and the Cordillera region. Then all of a sudden, I thought "will there be an upcoming earthquake?"

Of course, no one can predict one, but today, a magnitude 6.7 earthquake followed by several aftershocks struck off the island of Negros and nearby provinces.


I can't help but think, was my last week's reminiscing drama a warning for another earthquake?

Other stories to follow, including the death of Micheal Jackson and the lamp posts in Aurora footbridge and in Intercontinental Hotel.

P.S.
Here is the screenshot of my tweet last week regarding the earthquake:

2 comments:

Pa Ul said...

interesting post

Bob said...

@Pa UL, thanks for reading!