Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2011: The Year That Was

I never had a chance to blog about the year 2011 since I was busy with something for the past weeks. I believe it is never too late to look back and take stock of the things that happened in the year that was.

January: I will never forget the time when I went back to my alma mater, the University of Santo Tomas to celebrate its 400 years of unending grace. I was nervous and excited at the same time as I enter the walls of UST. I also had the chance to meet my former classmates again after a long time.

April: This month marked my 5th year as an employee of Convergys Philippines and made me eligible to take advantage of the early-retirement plan. Congratulations to me! Haha!

May: I celebrated my birthday at home with my family, and in Greenhills with my friends.

June: I started working as a Junior Corporate Recruiter where I learned to source and recruit for the non-agent requirements of our company. I also joined a community where I was able to find my way back to Kuya Jess.

July: I was able to spend more time with my friends as we frequent Bo’s Coffee every night right after our respective shifts.

August: They say ‘everything must come to an end’ and with a heavy heart, I bid goodbye to Convergys as an individual contributor. I am very thankful to be a part of wonderful teams, both in operations and in recruitment.

October: When I purchased a new laptop for me and it’s the new Macbook Pro!

December: It was my first time to go to Boracay. I really had so much fun there, and I promised to myself that I will go back anytime soon.

The year 2011 had be a great year for me. It had been a wonderful, awesome and life-changing year. It was a year that encouraged me to strive harder at work and at the same time, tested me with lots of challenges. Nevertheless, I am thankful for these challenges made me stronger and wiser.

Now it is time to get 2012 on the road. As my friend said, I am sure that I will rise up to meet whatever challenges I face and I will be humbled by the success I have. This year is definitely going to be bigger and better than ever.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

LATE! =))

Bob said...

Oo nga e. And I also noticed that we have the same blog title. That's unintentional ha. Hehe!